Background template

4.16.2012

Welcoming myself to blogger land...

Welcome to my blog! I have decided to re-enter into the world of blogging for several reasons...the top reason being I have lived in several places and am blessed with many friends and family who unfortunately do not live nearby and I hope to be faithful to update even from a distance! Secondly, I hope to encourage any readers (even if it is only my mom!) with Psalm 16:6 as my foundation verse. Life is always changing for all people I realize, and one of the greatest temptations is for women to adopt the "grass is greener on the other side" mentality. Though this is far from the truth, I can easily believe it as well in this ever changing life. I hope to map out my journey of claiming the Truth that God has individually given us a beautiful inheritance....He has placed me exactly where He has me for such a time as this...and hope to encourage you (whoever you may be) along the way.

For those of you who I do not know so well or maybe are in need of an update, here is a quick catch-up of the past few years....

I graduated from Tennessee Tech University as an elementary education major, but gladly accepted a job with Campus Outreach staff ministering to college students at TTU for one year and then was taken to Peoria, IL at Bradley University. I loved all of the opportunities, people, and lessons God allowed me to encounter post-graduation and wasn't looking to "settle down" as some may say, but God had other plans for my life and though unexpected, I was very glad to embrace the new chapter which would lead me to marrying Brett, moving to Memphis, and soon becoming a mother. To say the least-everything about the past 2 years since Brett and I have been married is a 'fast track' but I wouldn't have it any other way. Since November 20, 2010 we have...

-been married
-traveled a lot! 
-bought a house
-experienced job change
-become pregnant with a sweet baby boy
-the list goes on...

My sweet roommates in Peoria, IL.
Brett and I at our engagement party moments after he popped the question.


Our wedding day! 

Riviera Maya, Mexico


Proud homeowners!

Pregnancy announcement :)

Waiting on Baby Caden!







-

1 comment: